maven-users mailing list archives

From Raketemensch <li...@libertylost.org>
Subject Best way to handle a universal pom?
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 19:55:08 GMT
When we were working with Ant, we created a build.xml file that had generic
targets that we needed in every build. This allowed us to change a single
file once, and have all 300+ builds be instantly updated.

I'd like to do the same thing with Maven, but am concerned about creating
dependency issues, so I thought I would find out what would be the most
recommended way to go about doing it.

Take profiles, for instance -- we use Wagon for SCPing files out to the
servers, so we have a profile set up for each environment (dev, qa, test,
prod, etc) that we currently include in every ear pom.

Ideally we could just include these profiles in a single pom.xml and include
it in all the projects. Opinions on the best way to do so?

Thanks,
Rake