maven-users mailing list archives

From brajesh <rajesh.bavanant...@cgu.com.au>
Subject how to override artifact name while installing the artifact to repo ?
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 05:50:53 GMT
I am trying to override  a jar file name as follows with an underscore
between artifact name and version.

projectName_v1_0.jar

this is how we declare in pom.xml

<artifactId>projectName</artifactId>
<version>v1_0</version>
<packaging>jar</packaging>

during mvn clean install , this create the artifact as projectName-v1_0.jar
an hypen appended to the version. I want that to be a underscore.

I tried to put the following inside the build tag
<finalName>${artifactId}_${version}</finalName>

and it created the artifact as projectName_v1_0.jar in the target folder.
however during the installation
following happens

Installing C:\service-maven-projects\projectName\target\
projectName_v1_0.jar to
C:\Users\rrrrrr\.m2\repository\au\com\xxx\yyy\projectName\v1_0\projectName-v1_0.jar

Can any one advise me why this is happening ? can't i override the hyphen
generated during the installation of artifact ?