maven-users mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Incorrectly generated URLs in pom's using maven release plugin
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 14:48:23 GMT
Hi,

When pushing out a release candidate for a VOTE, it was brought to my
attention that all generated module pom's contain incorrect URLs. I've
attached a brief description of what is wrong below with the link to the
staged repos here [0]. The release plugin is version 2.2.2

There are some wrong urls in the pom.xml files, namely in the scm section.
(I am not sure what impact of this is). It is about:
-the pom.xml in the project root --> <tag> seems incorrect.
-the sources-dist/pom.xml --> like above, plus: url, connection and
developerConnection have 'trunk' postfixed.
-the subprojects (store implementations) pom.xml --> like above.

My cmd's to create the staged tag was

mvn release:clean release:prepare -P apache -DautoVersionSubmodules=true

mvn release:perform -P apache

1) WIll these characteristics have any relative effect on the atrifacts?
2) Is there any mechanism I can use to prevent this happening? If it is
trivial then I will more than likely spin another RC.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Lewis

[0] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegora-074/

--