maven-users mailing list archives

From <Chad.Da...@emc.com>
Subject timestamps on files in assembly
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 14:46:42 GMT
I'm wondering if I can preserve a timestamp on an artifact in my assembly so that it stays
equal to when it was originally built, i.e. the build time, or at least the deploy to nexus
time - very similar timestamps obviously.

My scenario and observations.  I'm using an assembly to prepare a distribution archive.  That
archive contains several other artifacts that we build.   In my deployed distribution I've
noticed that the component artifacts have per file timestamps roughly equal to the Jenkins
build time of the distribution build.  After some investigation, I've determined that those
timestamps are equal to when the artifact is pulled down from nexus into the local repository;
I've observed this in an non Jenkins environment, i.e. my local dev env, where the timestamp
is actually equal to the time the artifact was downloaded into my local repository.

So, is it possible to make the artifact retain its "original" timestamp across all of the
building processes?