maven-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@scalaris.com>
Subject Re: Which is the BEST Approach to define Global POM.XML
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 07:42:20 GMT
Hi,

Daivish Shah wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What if we want to change the version of the corporate POM ?
>
> At that time we have to change at all projects to use this ?

Basically yes, but we use meanwhile "x-SNAPSHOT" always in trunk. Therefore
can all projects that are active in development and want to use the latest
corporate POM use this version and they are not affected if the corporate
POM is actually released.

> <parent>
>     <groupId>com.mosabuam.maven</groupId>
>     <artifactId>super-pom</artifactId>
>     <version>0.1</version>
> </parent>
>
> We are at the starting stage of MAVEN implementation throughout the
> COMPANY so we expected to see lot of changes in this project.
>
> What is the best practice on that too ? We have to select this project
> version as SNAPSHOT for all the time ?
>

> OR we have to use the RANGE ?

Actually we do not use it and did not have the need for them in the last
years. The corporate POM defines also the versions of dependencies in a
depMgmt section and therefore it controls also the version of the transitive
deps.

[snip]

- Jörg