maven-users mailing list archives

From Jeff <predato...@gmail.com>
Subject MyEclipse and Maven -- configuration over convention?
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 23:55:23 GMT
I'm hoping someone here knows this answer as it pertains to working with
Maven in at least two different IDE's (MyEclipse and Netbeans).

I'm attempting to Mavenize our projects for the obvious benefits of Maven
over our current build mess and at the same time use a project structure
that is more IDE-agnostic.

I created a simple Maven Spring web app in NetBeans7, deployed it and ran
it/debugged it without issue.  It contained what I think is the
most basic "conventional" maven folder structure.  When I imported that
same maven project into MyEclipse as an existing maven project, the Spring
configuration doesn't load out of the box.

I tried going in reverse and created an Eclipse web application and enabled
Maven support and it worked in both environments.

I haven't dug too deeply into it, but I'm disappointed with the apparent
need for additional "configuration" for MyEclipse and would prefer trying
to understand why it is happening since the POM that MyEclipse created had
so much more 'configuration' in it.

So the question...what is the best way to created a Maven web application
project that most closely follows Maven "convention" but will work in
MyEclipse with minimal configuration?

Many thanks!!

--
Jeff Vincent