maven-users mailing list archives

From Marko Asplund <marko.aspl...@ixonos.com>
Subject Importing Maven projects in Eclipse
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 08:48:11 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Maven 3 and the m2e Eclipse plugin.
Normally i import my Maven projects into Eclipse using the Import /
Existing Maven projects.
There are some cases where this option doesn't seem to be available e.g.
(with EGit) so I need an alternative method.
Can I use the Maven eclipse:eclipse plugin for generating the Eclipse
project files and then import as regular, existing projects?
Or is there another way to do this?

There were some notes on m2e FAQ that the two plugins are somehow
incompatible:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E_FAQ#Maven_Integration_for_Eclipse_vs._Maven_eclipse:eclipse_plugin

Is this correct?

marko