maven-users mailing list archives

From Not Zippy <notzi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse pde with maven
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 05:17:00 GMT
On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 9:27 PM, Barrie Treloar <baerrach@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 1:27 PM, Not Zippy <notzippy@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just wanted to verify that there wasnt a better plugin to do the job for
> > an eclipse pde, thats why I asked here first.
>
> Not that I am aware of.
>
> We still use pde-maven-plugin which has long been abandoned.
> Its just a shell to the Eclipse Ant build framework anyway.
>
> I'm trying to migrate to tycho but the lack of p2 mirror support in
> Nexus is causing me pain being behind a firewall and annoying since it
> always wants to download the damn index file - which I assume hasn't
> changed since the last time I invoked it.
> Nexus OSS doesn't support p2 - only the commercial product.

Im thinking a shell to ant would be easier - the first time i ran with
the techo it spent over an hour downloading packages, I kept thinking
I had not properly set the plugin up properly - finally I left it to
run and it finished. But gave me a zip with only the configuration
files and it did not compile the source code. But if I changed the
packaging to "jar" the source would compile.

Ill talk to the other list and see if I am looking at the right thing.

thx
Nz