maven-users mailing list archives

From Daivish Shah <daivish.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Quick question on Super POM plugin management usage
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 00:47:53 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to use the super POM in my all of the project and seems like
PluginManagement doesn't work like this way.

Super-Pom Project

pom.xml

<build>
<pluginManagement>
<plugins>
<plugin>

<version>2.8.1</version>
</plugin>
      </plugins>
</pluginManagement>
</build>

Using Super POM in my other project as followed.

pom.xml

  <parent>
  <groupId>com.super</groupId>
  <artifactId>super-pom</artifactId>
  <version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
</parent>

<build>
<plugins>
                      <plugin>

                       </plugin>
                </plugins>
         </build>

When i try to use like this way compiler throws me WARNING/ERROR message
and looks like i have to apply VERSION ID again when i use any of the
plugin which is listed in my super POM Project. Which doesn't make sense to
declare PLUGIN things in my SUPER POM Project.

Any idea what's going on here ? Is that the way MAVEN designed or i am
doing something wrong here ?

Thanks,
daivish.