maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to Add multiple Jars
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 15:00:20 GMT
> Now,  I have lib directory on my machine Which has around 20 the jars
> related to Java Konakart API and some other API which i need to keep in
> maven repository.

Effectively this is like you are trying to convert from an Ant project
with a lib folder to a Maven one. Read the first two bulletpoints of
this blog post:
http://www.sonatype.com/people/2009/04/how-to-convert-from-ant-to-maven-in-5-minutes/

1. Identify the Maven coordinates of your external dependencies.
2. Share your depedencies.

First be certain the Konakart artifacts are not already posted in
Central or another repo.

Then assuming not and this is a team environment, you should install a
Maven Repository Manager and host the Konakart artifacts there. If not
a team environment, you can get away with using install:install-file
on each one.

Then you should be able to just add <dependency> nodes with the proper
coordinates for the Konakart artifacts to your pom.xml file to include
the proper jars when you are building your own project.

Wayne