maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Avoid constant manual artifact installation in Netbeans
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:44:34 GMT
> Netbeans' "Manually Install artifact" action just perfoms mvn
> install:install-file on the chosen artifact. In that sense it can be
> considered a general maven question.

But this is knowledge that is not widely known outside of those who
use Netbeans regularly, and not even then. As such, I maintain it is
best asked at the Netbeans list. For all I know, there may even be a
way that one can configure an "automatic daily update" in Netbeans
itself.

If the question can be rephrased in such a way as to not mention
Netbeans or any other IDE then I have no problem responding to it.

(In that case, my response is "this is why people use Snapshots and
configure the update policy in their settings.xml file for Snapshot
repos to automatically download updated artifacts to their local repo
cache.")

Wayne