maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using build profiles for WAR plugin [maven-eclipse-plugin]
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 16:14:27 GMT
> You don't understand how Eclipse IDE works. Eclipse does not have different
> classpaths for testing and actual runtime. So Eclipse basic design is
> faulty. There is bug open since 2008 to provide means to tell Eclipse that
> Of course NetBeans and IntelliJ has correct way to do things but they are
> not an option.

Help me understand this line of thinking...

Product A is demonstrably broken for what we need and has been since 2008.
Products B and C support our needs perfectly well. One is free, one is not.
And yet B and C are "not an option."

This doesn't sound rational to me. Why are they not an option for you?
I would challenge that assertion with whoever is making the decision.

Wayne