maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Avoiding duplicate POM code: profiles, inheritance, properties
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 16:01:13 GMT
> My problem is all about the POMs, that is, how can I share pieces of
> configuration (i.e pieces of POM file) between bundles, the main problems
> being that I have not a single inheritance chain (because of project specific
> deployment properties and target specific configuration).

I'm not sure that I understand your problem very well either. I can
offer up a few bits that may be helpful.

1. Inheritance does not necessarily follow aggregation. As an example:
Project A with modules SubAA, SubAB, SubAC
+ Project SubAA [parent is A]
+ Project SubAB [parent is B]
+ Project SubAC [parent is C]
Project B (no modules)
Project C (no modules)

2. The maven-remote-resources-plugin can help share resources
(configuration files etc) between modules:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-remote-resources-plugin/examples/sharing-resources.html

3. Look into the "import" scope (but this really only helps managing
dependencies, not necessarily useful to you):
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html#Importing_Dependencies

I don't know if any of these will help you but they are good things to know.

Wayne