maven-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Wexler <>
Subject Re: using build profiles for WAR plugin
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 00:58:58 GMT
On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 7:19 AM, Wayne Fay <> wrote:

> > 1)I keep getting this error in reference to the generic-war project:
> >        'packaging' with value 'war' is invalid. Aggregator projects
> > require 'pom' as packaging.
> > I tried to changing it to pom but that doesn't seem right.  Is an
> > Aggregator any project with sub modules?
> Read my post again. You should have a top parent of type pom that has
> modules. Those modules are subdirectories under the parent (with the
> same directory name as the module) and those modules are typed jar,
> war, etc.

Now it seems to work!  Still got a long way to go but that is a big step
forward.  thx.

I think the problem was that I was referencing clienta-war and clientb-war
as modules from generic-war.  Another problem I had was that I wasn't using
the "type" property in the dependency tag so it was looking for

One thing that also caught me off guard is it appears that I have to
reference the clienta-war and clientb-war as modules in my main project
pom.  Is that correct?

> > 2)In my war configuration, I try to access a resource that is already
> > declared in the "lib" module.
> What do you mean by "access a resource"? What are you going to do with it?
> > I assume the issue is that ${basedir} now refers to my current location.
> > How do I access this resource that is two layers up?
> You don't. Each project is an independent project. If you need to use
> a resource from another project, you need to reference that artifact
> in this project and unpack the file you need to use. This quickly
> leads you to a solutions where shared resources are in their own
> project and you depend on this across various other artifacts.
> Well this data is essentially a directory of jasper files.  The same group
of files is used in several modules.  How do you install a directory of
files as an artifact?