maven-users mailing list archives

From Arun Ramakrishnan <sinchronized.a...@gmail.com>
Subject shade issues with manifest entries
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 19:25:27 GMT
We use shade to build a uber jar. We use this to run jobs on hadoop ( a
distributed computing framework ).
Now, shade used to be working good. But, after I made some project
refactoring, It stopped working.

Here is the dependency tree <https://gist.github.com/2046251>, if it helps

This is the error I get when I run any class in the jar from the command
line.

****************************
*Exception in thread "main" java.lang.SecurityException: no manifiest
section for signature file entry
OSGI-OPT/src/org/osgi/framework/PackagePermission.java*
    at
sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.verifySection(SignatureFileVerifier.java:380)
    at
sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.processImpl(SignatureFileVerifier.java:231)
    at
sun.security.util.SignatureFileVerifier.process(SignatureFileVerifier.java:176)
    at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.processEntry(JarVerifier.java:288)
    at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.update(JarVerifier.java:199)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.initializeVerifier(JarFile.java:323)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.getInputStream(JarFile.java:388)
    at
sun.misc.URLClassPath$JarLoader$2.getInputStream(URLClassPath.java:692)
    at sun.misc.Resource.cachedInputStream(Resource.java:61)
    at sun.misc.Resource.getByteBuffer(Resource.java:144)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:256)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
**************************

            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-shade-plugin</artifactId>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <!-- phase>package</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>shade</goal>
                        </goals -->
                        <configuration>
                            <transformers>
                                <transformer

implementation="org.apache.maven.plugins.shade.resource.ComponentsXmlResourceTransformer"
/>
                            </transformers>
                            <filters>
                                <filter>