maven-users mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using build profiles for WAR plugin [maven-eclipse-plugin]
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 03:19:01 GMT
On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 6:28 AM, Markku Saarela <markku.saarela@iki.fi> wrote:
> Our releases do not have any configuration files in artifact's, instead
> manifest classpaths has directory name to point directory that has those
> files. We use separate build to assembly different configurations into
> different environments putting configurations in place.
>
> I like to use Eclipse ability to hot deploy modifications of code into
> server while debugging development trunk code.
>
> So what you say and my experience it is impossible to use multi-module
> project imported with project references for developing software with hot
> deployment and also unit testing without having profiles to set resource
> directories for Eclipse unit testing and deploying into server.

There is nothing stopping you creating an extra level of abstraction,
i.e. "<mymodule>-unittests"
You move all your unit tests out of the original module "<mymodule>"
and into "<mymodule>-unittests".
Obviously "<mymodule>-unittests" would depend on "<mymodule>"

That way you can run unit tests, but you would only ever deploy
"<mymodule>", with no way to pollute with unit tests.

p.s. Given Eclipse is open source, if this was a defect that you
*really* cared about, you should provide a patch.