maven-users mailing list archives

From David Karr <davidmichaelk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mvn command line options
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2012 16:30:48 GMT
On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 8:45 AM, sarmahdi <sarmahdi@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I did the mvn.bat --help and it gave me  a list of options.
>
> I need to know that IF i want to write a batch or shell script for three
> different projects. how can i do that.
>
> /echo Starting Maven build process
>
> cd c:\demo1\workspace\finApp\
> mvn.bat install
>
> echo Finish finApp
>
> cd c:\demo1\workspace\Communications\
> mvn.bat install
>
> echo Finish Communications/
>
> It never reaches the the "echo Finish finApp" even. it stops after
> completing the install on finApp.
>
> What can I do to actually acheive a script that can build my projects one
> by
> one.

As we're on the Maven list, a better way to do this is to simply define a
new POM project that aggregates the modules you need built.  You would
simply have a "modules" list with entries like "../finApp" and
"../Communications". You would place this new module as a peer of "finApp"
and "Communications".  Then, you just do "mvn install" in your new module.