maven-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Marston <marstonstu...@gmail.com>
Subject DependencyResolutionRequiredException with maven-artifact 3.0.4 and maven-archiver 2.5?
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2012 18:53:51 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to write a maven plugin with a custom packaging format, but having trouble with
using the Maven 3 plugins with Maven-Archiver 2.5.

I have this in my plugin's pom.xml for dependencies

		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.apache.maven</groupId>
			<artifactId>maven-plugin-api</artifactId>
			<version>3.0.4</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.apache.maven</groupId>
			<artifactId>maven-artifact</artifactId>
			<version>3.0.4</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.apache.maven</groupId>
			<artifactId>maven-archiver</artifactId>
			<version>2.5</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
			<artifactId>plexus-utils</artifactId>
			<version>3.0</version>
		</dependency>

And in my plugin method I have this code to set the archive

			MavenArchiver archiver = new MavenArchiver();
			archiver.setArchiver(jarArchiver);
			archiver.setOutputFile(artifact);
			archiver.createArchive(session, project, archive);
			project.getArtifact().setFile(artifact);

But I'm getting an error

The type org.apache.maven.artifact.DependencyResolutionRequiredException cannot be resolved.

this exception was previously defined in the 2.x series of maven-artifact, but it's not there
anymore.  I was able to get things to compile using the 2.x series of maven-artifact and maven-plugin-api,
but then I had issues using it with maven 3.

How do I use maven-archiver 2.5 to implement custom packaging compatible with Maven 3?

Jon Marston