maven-users mailing list archives

From "Gillet Thomas (2)" <thomas.gille...@consultant.volvo.com>
Subject RE: Avoiding duplicate POM code: profiles, inheritance, properties
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 15:34:29 GMT
Hello Ron,

I'm not sure I understand what you meant...

My problem is all about the POMs, that is, how can I share pieces of configuration (i.e pieces
of POM file) between bundles, the main problems being that I have not a single inheritance
chain (because of project specific deployment properties and target specific configuration).

The "real" artifacts (the ones with actual code in it, that is, the bundles)  are not really
part of the problem. So I fail to see the link with the utilities...
Unless maybe you were implying that a POM can use another POM the same way a bundle can use
a library (which would indeed be the solution to all my problems), but I don't know how to
do that.

The fact that we have multiple repositories is just a convenience. We split up our Artifactory
into several sub-repositories so we can manage permissions of each developer differently for
each repo (that is, for each project).
We would have been using one big repo if it had helped, but still remains the per-project
SVN repos which we want to keep like that.
So using the release plugin for example would still require at least this property to be specific
to each project.

That is maybe a lot of wondering just for one property (well, one for now, but who knows).
Still, I really hate duplicate stuff.

Read my post again, and that's indeed not so clear what I am speaking about. I should rewrite
the question.
Anyway, thanks for your answer.

Thomas GILLET