maven-users mailing list archives

From Stefan <stefan.e...@ontotext.com>
Subject Can we use dependency unpacking in an Archetype?
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 12:23:18 GMT
Hi guys,

Here's the story - we've recently generated a few archetypes for GATE
<https://gate.ac.uk/> plugins and some specific machine learning
components. We need those archetypes, because it's often required to
create similarly structured components and we've kind of developed a
convention about where different types of resources should be located in
such projects.

It was really nice and easy using the create-from-project goal of the
archetype plugin. So far so good.

However, we would like to generate the same couple of source files in a
few different archetypes - like the App.java and AppTest.java in
maven-quickstart. Finally the question - is there any way we could pass
an artifact encompassing those sources (or resources in general), so we
could directly reuse it in the archetypes?

What we are trying to avoid is keeping the same (re)source in different
archetype projects, because we'll probably have maintenance issues in
the future.

Please, excuse my ignorance in case this is documented, I just couldn't
find anything on the topic. Any advice is welcome!

Many thanks,
Stefan

--
Stefan Enev<stefan.enev@ontotext.com>