maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Transitive Dependencies for Unused Artifact
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 14:57:17 GMT
Typically each project module will have a parent that the individual
developer does not play with.
It includes a dependency management section that specifies versions for
all of the dependencies that the team cares about.

The individual module projects will list their dependencies but not
specify a version number on each one since that is a team decision
documented in the parent.

Ron

On 19/03/2012 10:26 AM, Lyons, Roy wrote:
> You can use dependencymanagement section to define the version as a filter to any subsequent
dependencies section.

> Putting it in dependencymanagement does not declare it as a dependency but does define
the version to be used when it find the dependency declared.