maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: eclipse plugin has a POM of its own
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2012 17:10:42 GMT
The effective POM is just your project POM merged with the Maven super
POM, the project's parent POM, your settings.XML and the settings in
Eclipse for Maven and Java.

You need to check your Eclipse workspace and project properties to see
how Maven and Java are set up in your Eclipse settings.

You should be overriding your plug-in versions in your project POM or
parent POM so that you control what versions are in use and so that you
get the same build inside Eclipse and outside.

This is normal behaviour for Eclipse and Maven.

Ron