maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: using build profiles for WAR plugin
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 02:26:01 GMT
I am happy to contribute in the forum and I have some blog items at
blog.artifact-software.com/tech that might help but you would be much
better served by Wayne or Stephen as they are true experts.

At http://maven.apache.org/team-list.html you get a list of the team
members who work on Maven and they are both in the list.

In our use of Spring, we used JNDI to separate deployment from
development and used the Jetspeed portal framework which separated the
look and feel customization from our code which gave us a different
problem in generating our WAR files.

We broke our application into about 70 projects with code that made JARs
or WARs and 10-12 JAR projects with just dependencies (Apache utilities,
Spring-MySQL-Hibernate-Tomcat, JasperReports, CXF, etc...) that we
loaded into Tomcat's shared library to get them out of the WARs. Our WAR
files only had our code in them with the Spring and JSF configuration files.

We were building for an SaaS so we had more permanent servers for
production and test so the JNDI solution worked well.

Thanks for the offer. I am pleased that we are able to help.

Ron