maven-users mailing list archives

From David Kendall <dkend...@mobitv.com>
Subject site-deploy upload location
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 00:24:23 GMT
Is there any way to control the exact upload location when doing a mvn
site-deploy?

I am working with a code base that has a number of parent pom files -
different parents for different types of project. When i do a mvn
site-deploy the site is uploaded to something like....

${site.deploy.base.url}/${grandparent.artifactid}/${parent.artifactid}/${project.artifactId}/...

What I really want is for the site-deploy to ignore the parent poms and
to upload to a pattern more like this....

${site.deploy.base.url}/${project.groupId}/${project.artifactId}/${project.version}/...

In my parent pom I have tried adding specifying

<distributionManagement>
<site>
<id>documentation-site</id>
<url>${site.deploy.base.url}/${project.groupId}/${project.artifactId}/${project.version}</url>
</site>
</distributionManagement>

.. but maven just appends the names of the parent poms to the paths anyway.

I am using maven 2.0.11 and deploying using SCP - in case this is
significant.

Is there any way to override the default upload path when deploying a site?

Thanks