maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: using build profiles for WAR plugin
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 19:31:40 GMT
This is not a unique situation.
Many people here use Spring and most people have to generate different
WAR files.
One way is to have a set of maven JAR projects that contain all the code
and a set of WAR projects that depend on your JARS and contain the
Spring configuration files that are specific to each customer.

Each WAR file will have all of the right code with the right
configuration files and will build nicely with very simple pom files
that are easy to maintain.

Once you get this working, you can automate the maintenance of the WAR
projects to handle new releases.

This will work and you will have your setup done and working in an hour
or less.

It will also work for each new release of Maven and you will be able to
get support here easily since this is the Maven way and we all know how
to do this.

Ron