maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: using build profiles for WAR plugin
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 04:10:46 GMT
Everyone else has to deal with this situation.
Your concerns are not unique.
Everyone has production, development and maintenance to deal with.
A lot of applications of each type standalone, web, etc., have been
built by many companies and development teams.

You have been told the correct way to handle this.

If you want to do it in the wrong way and misuse the features of maven,
you can.
No one will stop you.
You have been warned that it will not work but you can try as long as
you like.

It should be clear that the best minds in the Maven world (the guys who
wrote it and maintain it) have given you their best advice.

Why not try it the "right" way once and see if you like it. At least you
will get help.
Some of the suggestions are very easy to try. A few minutes of editing a
few POMs.

Ron