maven-users mailing list archives

From <jose.nunez-zul...@barclays.com>
Subject There is a way to override distributionManagement in Maven
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 15:28:23 GMT
Hello Maven users,

I have a project master pom.xml with a distribution management section defined like this:

  <distributionManagement>
    <repository>
      <id>one</id>
      <name>Blah Managed Releases Repository</name>
      <url>http://XXXX:8080/archiva/repository/one/</url>
      <layout>default</layout>
    </repository>
    <snapshotRepository>
      <id>snapshots</id>
      <name>Blah Managed Snapshots Repository</name>
      <url>http://XXXX:8080/archiva/repository/snapshots/</url>
      <uniqueVersion>true</uniqueVersion>
      <layout>default</layout>
    </snapshotRepository>
  </distributionManagement>

I want to be able to override this values on a test and production setup, having the production
setting enabled by default; After reading the Maven site it seems than the only way to do
this is by using profiles but after some reading on this list it seems than the are not a
good choice (many caveats).

There is a cleaner way to achieve this?
Can someone point me to some examples? I'm not sure what to put where

Thanks in advance,

--Jose

Barclays is one of the world's leading banks, and we believe that by continuing to integrate
the organisation we can better deliver the full power of Barclays to customers, clients and
the communities in which we work. As a visible sign of that integration we are moving to a
single Barclays brand for the majority of our divisions, including those formerly known as
Barclays Capital, Barclays Wealth and Barclays Corporate.

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected
from
disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute

it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have
received
it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy or sell or
solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product
or
service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of Barclays.
Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those
of Barclays. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the following link: www.barcap.com/emaildisclaimer.

By messaging with Barclays you consent to the foregoing.  Barclays offers premier investment
banking
products and services to its clients through Barclays Bank PLC, a company registered in England

(number 1026167) with its registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email
may
relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays Group.