maven-users mailing list archives

From "Lyons, Roy" <Roy.Ly...@cmegroup.com>
Subject RE: There is a way to override distributionManagement in Maven
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 13:47:41 GMT
:) that looks exciting actually.  That would be quite usable.  Hopefully this will fix the
original poster's issue as well.

Somehow I didn't run across this in my documentation travels, and my documentation passport
is generally well stamped...

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Connolly [mailto:stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:42 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: There is a way to override distributionManagement in Maven

and what is exactly wrong with

mvn -DaltDeploymentRepository=id::default::url deploy

?

no change to pom required

On 28 March 2012 14:35, Lyons, Roy <Roy.Lyons@cmegroup.com> wrote:
> Actually, this makes some sense to me.  If you really want to test out your build scripts,
but do not want to make actual changes to the corporate repo, you would want to instead publish
to a temporary area.  You don't actually want to disable the "deploy" but you don't want
it overwriting your current binaries since Java was so awesome as to always create binaries
with a new md5sum (AWESOME feature let me tell you...).

> I would be interested in the outcome of this as well, since at the moment our only way
of setting up a test environment is to create entirely new code repos and update poms.  Of
course code and poms get out of date -- so unexpected "goodness" has the ability to creep
up on us during production builds.

than the only way to do this is by using profiles but after some reading on this list it seems
than the are not a good choice (many caveats).

>> There is a cleaner way to achieve this?
>> Can someone point me to some examples? I'm not sure what to put where
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> --Jose
>>
>> Barclays is one of the world's leading banks, and we believe that by
> continuing to integrate the organisation we can better deliver the full power of Barclays
to customers, clients and the communities in which we work. As a visible sign of that integration
we are moving to a single Barclays brand for the majority of our divisions, including those
formerly known as Barclays Capital, Barclays Wealth and Barclays Corporate.