maven-users mailing list archives

From "Lyons, Roy" <Roy.Ly...@cmegroup.com>
Subject RE: private key definition through profile activated property
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 15:15:43 GMT
Shameless bump...  Is there a way to define the key location as a property activated by OS?
 Perhaps a way to set server definitions within the profile (I couldn't get that to work either)

-----Original Message-----
From: Lyons, Roy
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:16 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: private key definition through profile activated property

I am looking to set the location of the key file to be used based on the OS the user is executing
within a distributable settings.xml file.  This would be for a company-wide change, not just
a per-project basis.  Unfortunately, All I get is:

[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'org.apache.maven.plugins' could not be retrieved from
repository: InternalReleasePlugin due to an error: Authentication failed: Private key '${scp.key}'
not found

                <profile>
                        <id>windows</id>
                        <activation>
                                <os>
                                        <family>windows</family>
                                </os>
                        </activation>
                        <properties>
                                <scp.key>//fileserverhostname/home/${user.name}/.ssh/${user.name}</scp.key>
                        </properties>
                </profile>
                <profile>
                        <id>linux</id>
                        <activation>
                                <os>
                                        <family>unix</family>
                                </os>
                        </activation>
                        <properties>
                                <scp.key>/home/${user.name}/.ssh/${user.name}</scp.key>
                        </properties>
                </profile>

This happens on both unix and windows executions, and "mvn help:active-profiles" reports that
the correct profile is being activated.

Is there a different way in which I need to address this property to allow it to be expanded
to the value I provided?