maven-users mailing list archives

From "Lyons, Roy" <Roy.Ly...@cmegroup.com>
Subject RE: (Re-)Deploy artifacts to (different) repositories
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 14:25:41 GMT
Most distributed teams would use nexus for that.  deploy once, propagate many.

-----Original Message-----
From: M. Richey [mailto:mrichey@gmx.de]
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2012 8:14 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: (Re-)Deploy artifacts to (different) repositories

Hi everyone,

we would like to make our artifacts available for our teams being spread across different
locations.

So what would be the best way to do that?

We did a mvn install before. So all projects are build already. Therefore it would be great
if we could use the projects artifacts (or the ones from the local repository) and deploy
it to the different repositories. But executing mvn deploy more than once, will cause maven
to reassemble all the artifacts which is just wasting time. And afaik the is no way to deploy
to different repositories in one go.

Is there a way to do it like that? Can you use the local repository to deploy from there?
Any other ideas on how to get this done?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Maik