maven-users mailing list archives

From Philippe Lagardère <philippe.lagard...@gmail.com>
Subject Different behavior when building a project as a module or "stand-alone"
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 15:58:02 GMT
Hello,

When trying to set up an assembly for a project, I ran into a problem I
can't seem to find an explanation for.
My project has a basic multi-module structure, like this :

The thing is, I get two different results for executing /mvn clean package/,
whether I run it from /project-core/ or from /project/.

*From project-core*

*From project*

And indeed, the .jar is empty (safe a couple of metadata files), which cause
the build to fail on /project-web/, which depends on /project-core/

The main oddities I have set up for the build are :
 1) maven-dependency-plugin:purge-local-repository, executed at
/prepare-package/ for /project-core/ only
 2) maven-assembly-plugin:single, executed at /package/ for the web and
batch projects, but the global build fails before they even kick in ;)

I did not configure the /maven-jar-plugin/, so this is what I have in the
effective pom :

I'm using Maven 3.0.3, and a 1.6.0_24 JDK if it makes any difference.
Sorry if this problem is common knowledge, I just didn't know what to search
for in the mailing list !

Thank you !

Philippe