maven-users mailing list archives

From zebahmad <coolz...@gmail.com>
Subject Selective repo purge after clean install
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:25:03 GMT
I have a parent pom with a module that assembles from 3 other modules.

ParentA
---| ModuleB
---| AssembledModuleC   (depends on ModuleC1,ModuleC2,ModuleC3)
     ---| ModuleC1
     ---| ModuleC2
     ---| ModuleC3
---| ModuleD (depends on ModuleC1)

When I invoke clean install on ParentA from Jenkins, it installs all the
modules onto my local maven repository. However at the end of this, I want
to remove ModuleC1, ModuleC2 and ModuleC3, since there is another script
which picks up *all* the built jars and uploads to the repo and performs
other custom actions( The C1,C2,C3 modules are not to be exposed for use in
the repo)

How can I accomplish this? I tried the following ways but failed
1) Use maven-clean-plugin ==> Unfortunately this seems to remove only from
the project directory & is not useful for deleting from the local maven repo
2) Use maven-install-plugin to skip install for specific projects ==>
Unfortunately ModuleC1,ModuleC2 & ModuleC3 are dependencies of
AssembledModuleC and hence the build will fail.
3) Use maven-dependency-plugin with purge-local-repository goal in install
phase. I tried adding this to the pom of ParentModuleA.
      <plugin>
				<version>2.4</version>
				<executions>
					<execution>
						<id>purge-repository</id>
						<phase>install</phase>
						<goals>
							<goal>purge-local-repository</goal>
						</goals>
						<configuration>
							<actTransitively>false</actTransitively>
							<includeGroupIds>com.mycompany.something</includeGroupIds>

<excludeArtifactIds>ModuleB,AssembledModuleC,ModuleD</excludeArtifactIds>
						</configuration>
					</execution>
				</executions>
			</plugin>
Unfortunately, ModuleD depends on ModuleC1 and hence the build fails during
compile of ModuleD.

Could you suggest what is the right way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Zeba