maven-users mailing list archives

From zebahmad <coolz...@gmail.com>
Subject maven-clean-plugin to clean up dependencies in assembly project
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 14:35:37 GMT
I have a maven project with a parent pom that builds the child modules. One
of the child modules is an assembly project that simply assembles other
child modules

ParentA
   |---ModuleA
   |---AssembledModuleB
	|---ModuleB1
	|---ModuleB2
   |---ModuleC

Here, ParentA only contains a pom that simply builds ModuleA,
AssembledModuleB & ModuleC. ModuleB1 & ModuleB2 are separate projects on
which AssembledModuleB depends.

Firstly, after the build, I need to clean up the jars ModuleB1.jar and
ModuleB2.jar and retain only the composite jar AssembledModuleB.jar. I tried
using the maven-clean-plugin, but no matter what combination I try, these
don't get deleted :(

<plugin>
	<artifactId>maven-clean-plugin</artifactId>
		<version>2.4.1</version>
		<configuration>
		<filesets>
			<fileset>
				<directory>target</directory>
				<includes>
					<include>*.jar</include>
				</includes>
				<excludes>
					<exclude>ModuleA.jar</exclude>
					<exclude>AssembledModuleB.jar</exclude>
					<exclude>ModuleC.jar</exclude>
				</excludes>
				<followSymlinks>false</followSymlinks>
			</fileset>
		</filesets>
	</configuration>
</plugin>

I have tried various options such as

<include>*:jar</include>

<include><..groupid..>:jar</include>

<exclude>com.mycompany.somthing:ModuleA:jar</exclude>

But none of these seem to work :( The aim is to delete the built jars from
the target folders of ModuleB1 and ModuleB2

Secondly, i need to ensure that the plugin is called *after* the build is
completed.

Thanks in advance,

Regards
Zeba