maven-users mailing list archives

From sarmahdi <sarma...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: eclipse plugin has a POM of its own
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 09:32:06 GMT
Thanks Anders,

Yes you are right the plugin that installed with eclipse was different than
the one i installed with netbeans(thats what i was using outside the IDE as
well)

but here is the thing now, whihc is ticking me off with eclipse plugin for
maven.

I dont know why but now when I am running the goals "clean install" it is
doing everything as per my wishes with one exception when i was doing it
outside the IDES, (using the maven installed with netbeans) the classes
folder only had classes but now the java classes are also added within them.
the maven with netbeans didnt had to be configured SO much, this eclipse one
needs to be baby feed every configuration hence making my POM more absurdly
verbose than the previous one. AND its accomplishing the same things I was
achieving before.

this is just uselessly wasting my time, my POM was good enough to complete
the build, I even changed the maven run time (going into Run As.. > Run
Configurations> changing the maven runtime to Maven inside Netbeans )

Do you think that becuase i changed the source directory and listed the
webapp directory that it is now ADDing the java files as well with the
classes. I dont think they should be related in any way.

Thanks for the comments and hints and suggestions.

Syed...