maven-users mailing list archives

From sarmahdi <>
Subject webappsource location in POM
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 07:53:42 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to change from the default maven locations of my sources and

By looking at the Effective POM in the eclipse (because of the maven plugin)
I was able to know these tags in POM> Build

Now I changed the directory of my where the java source files are located so
as to ask maven to compile them from there and i changed the target location
(added a build folder in between target and classes) and it is working fine.
the only problem is the webapp folder with my JSPS.

Is there a tag in the POM where I can tell my maven that my JSPS are located

Why i ask that cos when i make a war it just creates a WEB-INF folder and
places the libs and classes folder in there but adds no JSPs cos my JSPs are
still in a different location (I am trying to work with the default Eclipse
folder structure of how it places the src and classes and jsps). So my
WebContent is in

and my config xmls are in the

I tried looking into the Build tag through IDE but i found only the ones
above but nothing to specify webapp. thats the only location which is not
specified in the parent POM.

I would really appreciate if any one can guide me to the information where i
can get it.

(While i was writing this post i saw this in my POM for the war plugin )

                    <webappDirectory>WHAT DO I PUT IN HERE</webappDirectory>

Is the path to webapp relative and will that work. How can I place a
relative path to workspace can any body help me with that and I will try it
and see. Will post my results.

Sent from the Maven - Users mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message