maven-users mailing list archives

From offbyone <r...@iridiumsuite.com>
Subject Re: using build profiles for WAR plugin
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 19:16:34 GMT
Ok, I hear you, profiles are evil.  BUT I still don't understand the
alternative so let me give a specific and tangible example and maybe you can
explain a specific alternative.

I am currently deploying my product in a tomcat/linux environment as a war
file.  My webapp is driven by a set of spring configuration files using the
Spring context loader.  For example, one of those spring configuration files
is called LookAndFeel.xml.  It sets attributes like colors of the user
interface.  I love using this type of configuration driven design because it
lets me swap out the entire look and feel just by changing a config file.

There are many deployments of my application on different systems and each
one has a different look and feel configuration file.  So, I was planning to
have a different maven profile for each deployment and have the profile
automatically push the correct LookAndFeel.xml into the war archive.

So specifically how do I accomplish this this in maven without using
profiles?