maven-users mailing list archives

From offbyone <r...@iridiumsuite.com>
Subject Re: using build profiles for WAR plugin
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 18:30:48 GMT
I appreciate the feedback, but I am struggling to follow, clearly I don't
understand "the maven way".

I am new to maven, based on the documentation and the specification it seems
like profiles are used to create different versions of a deployment package.
Why would profiles be there if not for that purpose?

More importantly, why would maven have such a rich properties and resource
filtering feature set if the maven way is to externalize all this
information?

Maven is suppose to be a build tool, but you are telling me I shouldn't put
build configuration data in it.  It seems like you guys are saying only to
use the dependency management/repository aspect of it.

Would love some clarification.
thanks