maven-users mailing list archives

From "Dipl.-Ing. Torsten Liermann" <l...@liermann-it.de>
Subject Re: Help! What I'm doing wrong with release:branch?
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2012 15:11:18 GMT

Yes, it is unfortunately.
But, when release:branch ask me for the pom version of the branch, the pom will have exactly
this version string (without the SNAPSHOT extension).

I think, i will hack the release plugin for me.

my use case for reaching a fix version without affecting the development on the trunk:
  - create a branch with the fixed poms (mvn release:branch)
  - build and deploy the fixed artifacts (mvn deploy)
  - create a tag
  - remove the branch

To.

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 13:21:30 +0000
 Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:
>Looks like you are fighting maven (a loosing battle)
>
>Only tags should have a fixed version
>
>Sent from my iPhone
>
>On 19 Feb 2012, at 00:29, "Dipl.-Ing. Torsten Liermann" <lier@liermann-it.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi, (sorry, I can't speak english :( )
>>
>> I would like to create a branch with a release version in all pom's
>>
>> The Snapshot version of the trunk is 3.0.2-SNAPSHOT and the release version should
be 3.0-b01.

>> Calling maven with
>>
>> mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugn:2.2.2:branch -DbranchName=3.0-b01
-DreleaseVersion=3.0-b01 -DupdateBranchVersions=true  -DupdateVersionsToSnapshot=false -DautoVersionSubmodules=true
-DupdateWorkingCopyVersions=false