maven-users mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven errors on compilation of files with missing imports (files that are not called by the application) compile phase
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2012 22:03:26 GMT
On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 7:36 AM, dlots <imagenesis@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a project and a shared folder that is common to all my projects that
> includes classes that are not necessarily used (and therefore) complete for
> all projects. When executing the compile phase, it is erroring because some
> of the files in the shared folder which is added with the
> builder-helper-maven-plugin have missing dependencies because these files
> are not used in this particular project.
[del]

I recommend you read the books on Maven http://maven.apache.org/articles.html.
What you are doing is going against the way Maven works, and you will lose.
Its best to accept the conventions Maven proposes and make your life happy.

What you want to do is to pull out your shared folder into separate
projects, one for each different functionality.
You then get maven to build those into jars which are installed into a
Maven Repository Manager so that others can obtain them.
Now your projects can explicitly specify just the stuff they actually depend on.