maven-users mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven errors on compilation of files with missing imports (files that are not called by the application) compile phase
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 03:15:14 GMT
On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 12:52 PM, dlots <imagenesis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you clarify why the compile phase attempts to validate all classes in the
> src directories, including ones not used in the application? The eclipse
> builder for example does not attempt to validate all classes, while the
> intellij builder does I believe.
>
> That's the main question.

Not really.

Those are internals of Maven and are not really meant to be called by
themselves.
That's why Maven has a lifecycle  - to remove that burden from you.

Do you care how an engine in your car works? Or do you just know that
when you press the accelerator pedal the car goes forward?

You have better things to work on, like your own project, than trying
to get Maven to work the way you want it to.
People will quote at you "Don't fight against Maven, you'll loose".
You will have a much more enjoyable experience by gaining a little
knowledge (see the free books) and to follow the well worn path Maven
has made for you.

We are here to help you if the path needs repairing, but I think you
wont have much luck if you want to go through the jungle.