maven-users mailing list archives

From "Bobbepalli, Purnachandrarao" <purnachandrarao.bobbepa...@chase.com>
Subject RE: maven: scm: clearcase URL help
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 16:54:00 GMT
Use like this....

In place of svn use clear case ...
<scm>
<developerConnection>scm:svn: <subversion URL></developerConnection> <url><subversion
URL></url> </scm>

Let me know still having any issues.

Thanks
PurnachandraRao.

-----Original Message-----
From: sarmahdi [mailto:sarmahdi@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:08 AM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: maven: scm: clearcase URL help

Hello all,
I am trying to connect to a remote clearcase to update my view

I just started on this project with Clear case and been asked to maven ize the project and
update the view from clearcase

I added the scm tag and added the clearcase-settings.xml defining the clearcasetype as UCM

I need some help with the connection URL:

I went to the SCM plugin for CC page and the URL for UCM is :

At some places it says that the POM in the folder of the project (inside the clear case view)
should only contain scm:clearcase, but when i try mvn scm:validate with that then i get the
error :

[ERROR] Validation of scm url connection (connectionUrl) failed :
[ERROR] Illegal URL: (ClearCaseUCM need more parameters. Expected url format
: [view_name]|[configspec]|[vob_name]|[stream_name])
[ERROR] The invalid scm url connection: 'scm:clearcase:'.

I added the view name , vob name and stream name but I dont know what the config spec and
elementName should be. is the config-spec the host name of the clear case server. After adding
the hostname as the config spec i get
this error :   http://codepad.org/ZXCLskCR  exception on mvn validate with
URL on codepad

I will appreciate if anyone can guide me to complete these two values for my URL connection.

Thanks
Syed...

under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  Although this transmission and
any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other
defect that might affect any computer system into which it is
received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to
ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by
JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as
applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.
 If you received this transmission in error, please immediately
contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,