maven-users mailing list archives

From <jose.nunez-zul...@barclayscapital.com>
Subject How to make sure developers use the latest versions of dependencies?
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 14:53:22 GMT
Hello Maven users,

I managed to convert and connect several projects through dependencies using Maven;  I do
daily releases and I change the version of the aggregator pom of all the projects using 'mvn
versions:set -DnewVersion=XXXXX' . But I have the following problem:

-          My developers have their own private branches and I do not update their poms. That
means they use old dependencies the next day and this potentially can cause problems when
they decide to integrate into the trunk (we have continuous integration builds to detect this
but still it is too late by then)

-          They can still update their own dependencies but they are forced to do it on daily
basis

There is a way to:

-          Tell the Maven pom to retrieve the 'HEAD' of the release version every time, so
there is not need to put a specific version on the pom file?

-          Is this something that can be solved with Snapshots?  Maybe I can deploy both to
the release and the snapshot (using profiles?)

I'm interested to see how you guys solved this issue (I went through the documentation but
it is not clear to me how to proceed).

Regards,

--Jose

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected
to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC,
Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays
Group.