maven-users mailing list archives

From sarmahdi <sarma...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: maven: scm: clearcase URL help
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:14:22 GMT
:(

sigh!

I changed my viewName to : the remotepath, changed my configspec to "load
/Comp_Local_finApp_vob" (without quotes ofcourse), my vobName:
Comp_Local_finApp_vob

kept the stream name as it was the same.

I also changed my configspec to the remote path to my UCM generated
config_spec file
as in :

<connection>scm:clearcase|//remotehost/ccstg_d/views/company/UserName|//remotehost/ccstg_d/views/comp/Username/Username_Local_finApp_Dev.vws/config_spec|/Comp_Local_finApp_vob|Local_finApp_Dev</connection>

I also added "Username_Local_finApp_Dev.vws" in the viewName at the end to
give it a .vws directory to point to
so for viewName I tried:
1)//remotehost/ccstg_d/views/company/UserName
2)//remotehost/ccstg_d/views/company/UserName/Username_Local_finApp_Dev.vws
tried them both alternatively and Both didnt work

for my configSpec part
1)load /Comp_Local_finApp_vob
2)//remotehost/ccstg_d/views/comp/Username/Username_Local_finApp_Dev.vws/config_spec
(made sure it exists on the remote path and I can browse to this directory
as well)
tried them both alternatively and Both didnt work

But all of them gave me the same exception of
Stringindexoutofboundexception.

SO... i looked into the exception more clearly:

here it is my research on the maven scm provider code :

the exception to me comes like this :

Caused by: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of
range: -4
	at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1937)
	at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1904)
	at
org.apache.maven.scm.provider.ScmUrlUtils.getDelimiter(ScmUrlUtils.java:51)
	at
org.apache.maven.scm.provider.ScmUrlUtils.getProvider(ScmUrlUtils.java:76)

I went into the
http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.apache.maven.scm/maven-scm-api/1.5/org/apache/maven/scm/provider/ScmUrlUtils.java#ScmUrlUtils.getDelimiter%28java.lang.String%29
ScmUrlUtils.java.getDelimeter()

and it is trying to substring with int 4

scmUrl = scmUrl.substring( 4 ); // which should give it substring after
"scm:"

now this line is the one giving me the exception at substring(4). and with
"String index out of range: -4 "
it seems that it is an empty string (they didnt check for an empty string or
null string).

NOW! :( it seems the issue is some where else and not with any of the
parameters that I am giving (at least they are not the issue here for now)

I have no idea how to solve this.

Maven was going very easy with me uptill now, i think it is showing me some
pain now....

I will appreciate any comment or suggestions. (as I badly need some)
Thanks for the help and bearing with me. (esp with my lack of knowledge in
maven as well as clearcase)

Syed...