maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephane-3 <mittiprove...@yahoo.se>
Subject Re: Spring context dependency not found..
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 14:16:28 GMT
I am using the m2e Maven plugin for Eclipse.

And so I guess I cannot run the goal mvn eclipse:eclipse but should run the
goal mvn eclipse:m2eclipse

As I was running Maven 2.2.1 and m2e requires Maven 2.4 I updated Maven.

I could not find any 2.4 version on the download website though.

So I downloaded and installed Maven 3.0.4 and got it running.

But wen doing the goal eclipse:m2eclipse I get the following error:

[ERROR] Could not find goal 'm2eclipse' in plugin
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-plugin:2.8 among available goals
to-maven, add-maven-repo, myeclipse-clean, configure-workspace, help,
rad-clean, install-plugins, eclipse, myeclipse, rad, clean, remove-cache,
make-artifacts -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoNotFoundException: Could not find goal
'm2eclipse' in plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-eclipse-plugin:2.8
among available goals to-maven, add-maven-repo, myeclipse-clean,
configure-workspace, help, rad-clean, install-plugins, eclipse, myeclipse,
rad, clean, remove-cache, make-artifacts
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.getMojoDescriptor(DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:267)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.getMojoDescriptor(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:185)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoDescriptorCreator.getMojoDescriptor(MojoDescriptorCreator.java:235)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.DefaultLifecycleTaskSegmentCalculator.calculateTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleTaskSegmentCalculator.java:106)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.DefaultLifecycleTaskSegmentCalculator.calculateTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleTaskSegmentCalculator.java:86)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:98)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:320)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
	at
	at
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)