maven-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Trent <cabin.pot...@gmail.com>
Subject maven plugin configuration and binding execution to a phase/goal
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 03:24:16 GMT
I am stuck on two things while writing a plugin: (1) configuration,
and (2) binding to the right goal/phase automatically.  I am using
Maven 3.0.3, and trying to use the plugin for APK (android) packaged
modules.

(1) configuration.

/**
 * @phase compile
 * @goal myGoal
 * @requiresDependencyResolution runtime
 */
public class MyMojo extends AbstractMojo {

  /**
   * @parameter expression="${myGoal.aVal}" default-value="defaultVal"
   */
  String aVal;

…
}

And in my pom using the plugin:

<build>
		<plugins>
			<plugin>
				<groupId>my.package</groupId>
				<artifactId>my-plugin-test</artifactId>
				<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
				<configuration>
					<aVal>myConfiguredValue</aVal>
				</configuration>
				<executions>
					<execution>
						<phase>generate-resources</phase>
						<goals>
							<goal>myGoal</goal>
						</goals>
					</execution>
				</executions>
			</plugin>

The problem is that I always get the default value instead of the
configured value.  What am I missing?

Am I required to provide the plugin.xml file, even for this simple case?

(2) Binding to the right goal/phase.

Ideally in the above example I don't want to specify <executions> for
my plugin.  But I can't figure out how to vary my annotations to get
it to work.

Can someone point out the problem, or a simple concrete example that
demonstrates this case please?

Thanks,
CP