maven-users mailing list archives

From Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with installing a non-maven jar in local repo .
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 06:10:54 GMT
On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 3:21 PM, vvkbtnkr <vvkbtnkr@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am trying to install a jar into my local repo by using pom.xml, and just so
> no one in my team may need to manually install the jar into local repo, I am
> using the approach outlined here:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6571022/is-it-best-to-mavenize-your-project-jar-files-or-put-them-in-web-inf-lib/6592613#6592613
> auto install of jars .
>

> However, for some reason this is not working for me. I keep getting this
> error  on running mvn clean install -
>

> On running mvn -U clean install, i get this error:
>

> its still looking for the jar in central repo, whereas I expect it to be
> picked up from my local repo.
>
> Relevant portions from my pom.xml:
>

> What is it that I am doing wrong here?
>

> Thanks,

Please dont use the Nabble list to send emails.
As you can see - it strips the information because its XML.

Just subscribe to the list, post your question, get your answer, and
unsubscribe.

The short answer to your problem is that you should be using a Maven
Repository Manager (MRM).
Please read http://maven.apache.org/repository-management.html.

You have a team of people, and you have non-open source libraries that
need to be shared.
You do not want to deal with the pain of manually installing these
into every developers local repository.
You upload this artifact once to your MRM and then everyone downloads
it like normal.
Plus once you have a MRM installed it will act as a local proxy and
will drastically speed up your intial seeding of the ~/.m2/repository.