maven-users mailing list archives

From David Hoffer <dhoff...@gmail.com>
Subject How to configure properties-maven-plugin to report built in properties/variables
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 16:22:17 GMT
How can I get project variables/properties exported to property file?

I'm using properties-maven-plugin and it's good but it only reports
things I have explicitly created as properties in my project.  I need
to also get a report on things that maven already defined such as:

<project...
 <scm>
      <connection>scm:svn:https://...</connection>
      <developerConnection>scm:svn:https://...</developerConnection>
      <url>https://...</url>
    </scm>
</project>

To get these values reported using this plugin I have to add this to my project:

<properties>
        <project.scm.connection>${project.scm.connection}</project.scm.connection>
        <project.scm.developerConnection>${project.scm.developerConnection}</project.scm.developerConnection>
        <project.scm.url>${project.scm.url}</project.scm.url>
</properties>

This is tedious and error prone.  Is there a way to report this
without adding variables as properties manually?