maven-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Polet <guillaume.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installation glitch!
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2012 22:20:19 GMT
Hi Igor,

I guess that your installation is located here, then:

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\apache-maven-3.0.3\bin

I suppose that the line returns and other strange split are due to the
Windows-terminal (it sucks, I know. A way around this is to type 'set >
set.txt' which will output everything to a set.txt file and then open
that file).
Have you checked opening the Terminal to that precise location and type
'mvn -version' directly there.
Have you looked for a typo somewhere?
Could it be that you installed Maven in the 'Program files (x86)' folder
instead of the default 'Program Files'? (That is a big difference with
WinXP).

Whitespaces could be an issue, although it should work (you can try java
-version, it work).

Some users suggested to install maven in a path without whitespaces
(like c:\Users\Maven). Of course, this requires to change the path
environment variable accordingly.

Other users suggested simply restarting the computer, but I have some
doubts about this. Normally, terminals/shells are initiated with their
default environment variables and it is "cached" in the terminal,
meaning that changes made afterwards are not directly taken into
account, but if you re-open one you get the latest set values.
Let us know your findings.

Cheers,
Guillaume