maven-users mailing list archives

From Martin Schayna <martin.scha...@abra.eu>
Subject Re: Difference between compile and provided scope for jar artifacts
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 17:27:54 GMT
If you want to include all dependencies into jar, you can use maven
assembly plugin. You can integrate it to build process, see:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/589111/121143

I have done this for creating full-blown jar with test which can be
easily uploaded to Amazon micro instance for load testing.

Martin Schayna

On 01/20/2012 05:45 PM, Chad.Davis@emc.com wrote:
> When I build a jar file, the compile dependencies are not packaged into the jar.  So,
this means that they are expected to be provided somewhere else in the run time environment,
doesn't it?  Which means that it doesn't seem like there's a difference between compile and
provided . . . am I missing something?