maven-users mailing list archives

From "Lyons, Roy" <Roy.Ly...@cmegroup.com>
Subject RE: Removing some modules in a maven profile
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 18:40:10 GMT
I have seen this accomplished through the use of profiles and defining the modules within the
profile.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ashish Srivastava [mailto:ashish7s@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 12:27 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Removing some modules in a maven profile

Hi,
   I have say a few modules defiled in the parent pom.xml as:
<modules>

   <module>a</module>
   <module>b</module>
   <module>c</module>
</modules>

I want the default profile builds the entire module list but create a new profile that say
only builds a and b but not c. I have seen a thread where adding a module is suggested in
a profile instead of removing (excluding) one. I tried to give module a and b in the profile
and still mvn built everything, I guess because it builds the parent list first (?). Is there
a way to accomplish this?

Thanks for your help,
-Ashish